Wednesday, August 28, 2013

September Fair by Jess Lourey

eBook Edition
I became a big fan of Jess Lourey's The Murder-By-Month Mysteries series when I read 'May Day' last year. 'May Day' is the first novel in The Murder-By-Month Mysteries series. I thoroughly enjoyed reading 'May Day' and promptly reviewed it on my blog afterward.

Last week, I read September Fair by Jess Lourey, which is the second cozy mystery novel I've read in The Murder-By-Month Mysteries series. I enjoyed reading it every bit as much as I did reading 'May Day'. 

Jess Lourey's writing style is fun and refreshing. The storyline in 'September Fair' is entertaining, the characters are well developed, and there isn't a dull moment found between the covers of this cozy mystery novel. I also found myself laughing out loud several times throughout 'September Fair' at some of scenes presented throughout the novel. The leading character, Mira James, as she is a very likable leading amateur sleuth and is a down to Earth character and someone you can relate to, which makes you like her character all the more.

The following is a book description for 'September Fair' found on the Amazon.com website:
The Minnesota State Fair-the beloved home of 4H exhibits, Midway rides, and everything on a stick. The festival fun is riding high until the recently crowned Milkfed Mary, Queen of the Dairy, a Battle Lake native, is brutally murdered while her regal likeness is carved in butter. Can Mira James, covering the fair for the Battle Lake Recall, expose a deadly State Fair secret and win a blue ribbon for caging a killer? You bet your last deep-fried Nut Goodie!
I look forward to reading the rest of the books in The Murder-By-Month Mysteries series. 

Which book series currently captivates your reading attention these days??

Until my next post, happy reading!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment