Monday, September 30, 2013

Body Surfing by Anita Shreve

Unabridged Audiobook
Body Surfing by Anita Shreve is my first experience reading or rather listening to anything written by best-selling author, Anita Shreve. 

I listened to the unabridged version of 'Body Surfing' on compact disc. I thought 'Body Surfing' was a decent novel and would rate it 3 stars out of 5 stars. 

'Body Surfing' started out slow in my opinion. I just couldn't get into the storyline or care that much about the characters listening to the first three compact discs. In fact, I almost gave up listening to this audiobook altogether. However, I pushed onward and finished listening to the rest of this audiobook despite my initial misgivings. I'm glad that I did because 'Body Surfing' did pick up and I found myself enjoying the remaining four compact discs. The ending of 'Body Surfing' leaves much to the readers imagination as to how the relationship between the two characters mentioned  at the end of the novel will turn out. I don't like these types of endings. I wished that the author had given us, the readers, a tad more direction as to whether the two characters begin a budding relationship or not.

The remaining question for me is will I go out of my way to read another novel my Anita Shreve? Probably not. I just wasn't all that captivated by Anita Shreve's storytelling in 'Body Surfing' enough for me to want to read more of here novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment