Saturday, November 23, 2013

Christmas Cookie Murder by Leslie Meier

Earlier this month, I read my very first cozy mystery novel by Leslie Meier titled the Christmas Cookie Murder, which features amateur sleuth Lucy Stone. The 'Christmas Cookie Murder' is the sixth novel to feature the fictional character of Lucy Stone.

I chose this novel because I enjoy reading cozy mystery novels. I also wanted to read a book that fell into the holiday themed category as the holidays are almost upon us! Besides, I've never read anything by Leslie Meier before, so wanted to try a new author to me.

'Christmas Cookie Murder' is a nice easy, breezy novel to read. As far as leading characters go, I liked the lead character, Lucy Stone. The storyline and characters were okay --- Not great or bad, just middle of the road. I'd rate this novel 3 stars out of 5 stars. Would I go out of my way to read another novel by Leslie Meier. Probably not.

Until my next post, happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment