Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Press One For Yes by Falafel Jones

eBook Edition
I recently finished reading an eighty-six page novella titled Press One For Yes by Falafel Jones. This novella marks the third published work I've read by Falafel Jones and I'm eagerly looking forward to reading more books by Falafel Jones in the future! 

I was actually able to download Press One For Yes for Free to my Kindle from Amazon!! Free books are always a plus in my book!! Just because I receive a book for free though, it doesn't affect my thoughts/views about the content. :-)

Press One For Yes is a quick read and can be easily read in a single day. I enjoyed the storyline, characters, and the fast pace of Press One For Yes. It had me guessing how the storyline would end. I love engaging reads like this one! 

My only minor complaint is that some of the scenarios the lead character of Jake finds himself in seem a little far fetched. Otherwise Press One For Yes is an excellent read.

The following is a book description from Amazon's website for Press One For Yes:
Now, something different from Falafel Jones, a near future, suspense novella (22,000 words).  
Reality TV exploded in the year 2000. Soon after, interactive TV let viewers control the action. No one even blinked in 2016 when the USA closed conventional polls in favor of TV remote controls, computers and smartphones.  
When college student, Jake Gillespie, scores an internship in the agency that runs the elections, he’s thrilled. Then, he discovers that someone inside is actually running the elections.  
After he learns the secret, Jake fixes a local vote. He hopes the outcome will keep his girlfriend from leaving town. He’s wrong.   
Now that the Tobacco lobby is putting in the fix on the next presidential election, Jake wants to clear the air but if he does then his own crime will be exposed.
I'm giving Press One For Yes a rating of 7 stars out of 10 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!

2 comments: