Friday, March 7, 2014

Which Books Are On Your Reading 'Bucket List' of Must Reads??

Okay, I don't know about you, but I have a boatload of books I want to read during my life time... Zillions of them if truth be told! Since I currently have over 200 unread books in my personal collection alone, I'll stick with the books I most want to read from my massive to be read pile for now.

Here's a shortlist of books I currently have on hand that I most want to read in no particular order of importance:

1. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
3. The Room by Emma Donoghue
4. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstein
5. The Immortal Life of Henriette Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
6. The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht
7. The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner
8. A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian by Marina Lewycka
9. Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson
10. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
11. The Parrot Who Owns Me by Joanna Burger
12. Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese
13. The Romanov Bride by Robert Alexander
14. Leap of Faith by Queen Noor
15. The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz
16. The Tilted World by Tom Franklin & Beth Ann Fennelly
17. The Sherlockian by Graham Moore
18. The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver
19. Still Life: Adventures in Taxidermy by Melissa Milgrom
20. The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood
21. Poseidon's Steed: The Story of Seahorses, From Myth to Reality by Helen Scales
22. Cassandra's Sister by Veronica Bennett
23. High Voltage Tattoo by Kat Von D
24. Down to a Soundless Sea by Thomas Steinbeck
25. In the Shadow of the Cypress by Thomas Steinbeck
26. The Silver Lotus by Thomas Steinbeck
27. Tolstoy & the Purple Chair by Nina Sankovitch
28. Newton & the Counterfeiter by Thomas Levenson
29. What the Do Knows by Cat Warren
30. Fordlandia by Greg Grandin
31. Thunderstruck by Erik Larson
32. Trail of Crumbs: Hunger, Love & the Search For Home by Kim Sunee
33. The Master & Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov (Reread)
34. You Had Me at Woof: How Dogs Taught Me the Secrets of Happiness by Julie Klam
35. An Eagle Named Freedom by Jeff Guidry
36. The Devil's Company by David Liss
37. The Possessed: Adventures with Russian Books and the People Who Read Them by Elif Batuman
38. A Skating Life by Dorothy Hamill
39. Hippolyte's Island by Barbara Hodgson
40. S. by J. J. Abrams and Doug Dorst
41. Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade: A Novel by Diana Gabaldon
42. Lord John and the Hand of Devils by Diana Gabaldon
43. The Scottish Prisoner by Diana Gabaldon
44. The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
45. Wild Nights by Joyce Carol Oates
46. Jackie as Editor: The Literary Life of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis by Greg Lawrence
47. Illustrado by Miguel Syjuco
48. Clean Gut by Alejandro Junger M.D.
49. Vaccine by Arthure Allen

50. Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl

Oy vey, what a list!! My tastes in subject matter is quite eclectic and it isn't so short after all. This list is by no means comprehensive. I could probably continue listing another 50 book titles, but I won't bore you. I still have a massive list of books I want to read that aren't in my personal collection. So, many books to read, so little time!

So tell me, which books are on your reading 'bucket list' of must read books?

No comments:

Post a Comment