Friday, July 18, 2014

Rainbow Rowell On Her Love Affair With Music and Writing

I admit it, here and now, that I have yet to read anything written by Rainbow Rowell... I have heard some pretty awesome things about her  writing and her books from other readers and bloggers. So, with that said, I have added a couple of her books to my reading wishlist.

This past weekend, I came across and article on BuzzFeed titled 
Literature’s John Hughes: Rainbow Rowell On Her Love Affair With Music and Writing by Erica Futterman... Since Rainbow Rowell has recently become a writer whose works I'd like to read, I decided to check out the above mentioned article to gain more insight about the writer herself.

In her article, Erica Futterman writes the following:
As Rowell describes in a phone conversation with BuzzFeed ahead of Landline’s release, her relationship between music and writing is not accidental. “With each book I tend to find a certain mood, and tone, and vibe,” she says. “When you’re connecting to a song and it’s making you feel open … I’m trying to reach that point when I’m writing.” As Rowell writes, she crafts Spotify playlists to serve as soundtracks for herself and her readers. Rowell’s day-to-day writing lifestyle in her home state of Nebraska is a solitary affair, so, for her, music serves as both a companion and inspiration. “I start with 10 songs and then I build and build,” she says. “I go through and think, How do I want this to feel? What’s the vibe going to be?” The result is distinctly different personas for each novel.
For me, I find interesting to learn how writers write there books/novels... In this case, I enjoyed learning about Rainbow Rowell's relationship between music and writing and how this helps her creativity while writing her books.

To read the full story, click on the link above!

No comments:

Post a Comment