Sunday, March 8, 2015

Happy International Women's Day!!!



Happy International Women's Day!! Today is the day to celebrate women around the world.

Trying to find just the right book related topic to tie into to
today's theme of celebrating women on 
International Women's Day was a tad difficult!
Eventually, I chose to focus on the women who have 
won had the Nobel Peace Prize.

Below are ten different book titles by ten different female
Nobel Peace Prize Winners
from around the world.

Women change the world and make it a better place for all of us.


I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai

I, Rigoberta Menchu: An Indian Woman in Guatemala by Rigoberta Menchu


Letters from Burma by Aung San Suu Kyi

Iran Awakening: One Woman's Journey to Reclaim Her Life and Country by Shirin Ebadi

Unbowed: A Memoir by Wangari Maathai

Mighty Be Our Powers: How Sisterhood, Prayer, and Sex Changed a Nation at War by Leymah Gbowee

Iron Jasmine: How an Arab Woman Led her Country's Fight for Democracy by Tawakkol Karman

Mother Teresa: In Her Own Words by Mother Teresa

20 Years at Hull-House by Jane Addams

Lay Down Your Arms by Bertha von Suttner


Until my next post, happy reading!!

2 comments:

  1. I have read I am Malala. It is a great book. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to read I Am Malala at some point. So many books, so little time as the saying goes.

      Happy reading and happy International Women's Day to you!!

      Delete