Thursday, December 10, 2015

Death of A Rug Lord by Tamar Myers

Cozy Mystery Novel
I love cozy mystery novels and have been busy over the past few years reading the 'A Den of Antiquity Mystery' series by Tamar Myers. With the exception of the first novel in the series, I have not been reading this series in any kind of order.

I recently read Death of a Rug Lord by Tamar Myers, which is the 14th cozy mystery novel in the 'A Den of Antiquity Mystery' series. All I can say is that Death of a Rug Lord by Tamar Myers is the worst novel in the series that I've read thus far... It took me forever to read this book as the humor is bad and so is the storyline. I'm truly surprised that I actually finished reading this novel.

The following is a plot summary for Death of a Rug Lord by Tamar Myers from Goodreads:
Business isn't booming for antiques dealer Abigail Timberlake Washburn. A local rug store is luring away her customers with its rock-bottom prices. Eager to check out the competition, Abby is delighted to find a priceless Persian amid the cut-rate carpets—and shocked when Gwendolyn Spears, the store's beleaguered owner, begs her to take it home! Abby feels more than a little guilty about getting such a great deal . . . especially when Gwendolyn is found dead the next morning.
Investigating the brutal murder, Abby soon discovers that the prized Orientals of Charleston's society dames are nothing more than cheap fakes . . . and that a dangerous thief will do anything to pull the rug out from under her.
I have two more novels left to read before I am finished with the 'A Den of Antiquity Mystery' series. I'm hoping that the remaining two novels in this mystery series aren't as disappointing as this one is. 

I am giving Death of a Rug Lord by Tamar Myers a rating of 1 star out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment