Thursday, September 15, 2016

Banned Book Weeks Socks!!

I love reading banned or challenged books. I try to read at least one banned or challenged book each year. This year, I've read two banned/challenged that I can recall off hand. 

I also love literary/bookish related items to add to my personal collection of all things book related. While attending an author event and signing at an independent bookstore earlier this week, I saw a cute pair of banned books socks by the cash wrap area when purchasing a book. The socks are black and white and are completely adorable!! I couldn't resist buying a pair of them. I look forward to wearing the banned books socks later this month during Banned Books Week, which will be held during the week of September 25 through October 1, 2016.

The socks cost $10 and can be purchased online through Out of Print Clothing. On the packaging for the socks it reads: "Every purchase donates one book to a community in need." I like that books are being donated to communities in need. Literacy is important and so is access to books and periodicals.

There are also other banned books themed items for sale through the Out of Print Clothing website. Check out the fun items that can be found on their website.

Until my next post, happy reading!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment