Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Shalane Flanagan & Elyse Kopecky ~ Author Signing Event at Rakestraw Books in Danville, CA

Shalane Flanagan (left), Me, & Elyse Kopecky (right)
Last night, I attended an author speaking and signing event at Rakestraw Books in Danville, California. World class marathoner and 4-time Olympian, Shalane Flanagan, and chef, Elyse Kopecky, have recently published a cookbook titled Run Fast, Eat Slow: Nourishing Recipes For Athletes, which has become a bestseller since its publication last month. Both women were present at Rakestraw Books from 7pm to 9pm on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 to discuss their new cookbook, answer questions from attendees, and sign copies of their new cookbook.

I had a blast listening to both Shalane Flanagan and Elyse Kopecky speak at Rakestraw Books. I learned from attending the event, that Shalane Flanagan & Elyse Kopecky have been friends for 16 years and had become friends during their college years. Both women were runners in college, but it wasn't until three years ago that they decided to write a cookbook together. I like that the emphasis of their cookbook is on eating whole, fresh, locally sourced and seasonally grown foods. Counting calories and weight loss are not emphasized, which I find to be refreshing as well when it comes to cookbooks and eating in general. I also like that eating sources of good fat are promoted!

I'm normally not a buyer of cookbooks. I love the beautiful, hardback design of Run Fast, Eat Slow: Nourishing Recipes For Athletes by Shalane Flanagan & Elyse Kopecky, the fabulous layout, the delicious sounding recipes, and the gorgeous pictures of some of the dishes made from the recipes from their cookbook look mouthwatering! I now look forward to making and enjoying several of the recipes from Run Fast, Eat Slow: Nourishing Recipes For Athletes by Shalane Flanagan & Elyse Kopecky. 

I spoke with one of attendees who had purchased Run Fast, Eat Slow: Nourishing Recipes For Athletes by Shalane Flanagan & Elyse Kopecky in advance. She said that she had already tried a few of the recipes and they were really good. She had especially liked the Garden Gazpacho recipe.

I'm also not an athlete, but I am into eating healthy meals. I look forward to reading Run Fast, Eat Slow: Nourishing Recipes For Athletes by Shalane Flanagan & Elyse Kopecky cover to cover. I've only thumbed through it so far and like how well it's organized. I also like that each recipe doesn't require tons of ingredients to make it.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment