Sunday, January 22, 2017

La Borinqueña #1 by Edgardo Miranda-Rodriguez

Comic Book
In an attempt to expand my reading horizon to new genres and books with more diverse topics, I chose to read La Borinqueña #1 by Edgardo Miranda-Rodriguez, which is a cool new comic book featuring an Afro Puerto Rican female superhero!

I really enjoyed reading La Borinqueña #1 by Edgardo Miranda-Rodriguez! The artwork and colors displayed in each of the pages in this book are very well done. I liked the story and the characters very much. I also like that the main character is a woman of Afro Puerto Rican decent, a college student, and very much for the environment. I like strong, diverse, female characters and Marisol Rios De La Luz (the main character) is such a character. I think Marisol Rios De La Luz  makes a good role model.

My only minor complaint about La Borinqueña #1 by Edgardo Miranda-Rodriguez is that some of it is written in Spanish and I don't understand/speak Spanish. So, I felt like I was missing out on some of what was going on in this comic book when it came to the parts written in Spanish.

I am giving La Borinqueña #1 by Edgardo Miranda-Rodriguez a rating of 4 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!

4 comments:

  1. Oh this looks interesting! I'm not big into the comic side of reading, but I like the idea behind this! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ~Michelle @ FaerieFits

    ReplyDelete
  2. My copy finally came in yesterday. I bought the other edition. So far, I like the pictures in it. Will have to sit down and read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy La Borinquena as much as I did. It would be interesting to see what your copy looks like compared with mine.

      Delete