Thursday, February 23, 2017

Hollowland (The Hollows #1) by Amanda Hocking

Unabridged Audio Version
I'd been wanting to  read a novel by Amanda Hocking for about 4 to 5 years now.

I finally made the leap this year and decided to listen to the unabridged audio version of Hollowland (The Hollows #1) by Amanda Hocking and narrated by Eileen Stevens. Listening time for Hollowland (The Hollows #1) by Amanda Hocking is 7 hours, 36 minutes.

If you love young adult, dystopian, zombie novels, then you'll really enjoy reading Hollowland (The Hollows #1) by Amanda Hocking!! Normally, I am not into zombie novels, but Hollowland (The Hollows #1) by Amanda Hocking was really well written and very engaging... So, I couldn't help but enjoy my time spent listening to this novel. I also thought Eileen Stevens was a good narrator. I look forward to seeing which other novels she narrates.

I loved the characters in Hollowland (The Hollows #1), especially the leading female character, Remy! Remy is a strong leading female character... Remy's fearless, a strong leader that others look up to, and very confident. I like how Remy is very focused and goes after what she wants. I also enjoyed the three other supporting characters in this novel as well. The plot and storyline flowed nicely for Hollowland (The Hollows #1), which was filled with a lot of action that kept the reader engaged.

The following is a plot summary for Hollowland (The Hollows #1) by Amanda Hocking from Audible:
Hollowland - the first book in the young adult dystopian series The Hollows... "This is the way the world ends - not with a bang or a whimper, but with zombies breaking down the back door."

Nineteen-year-old Remy King is on a mission to get across the wasteland left of America, and nothing will stand in her way - not violent marauders, a spoiled rock star, or an army of flesh-eating zombies.
I am giving Hollowland (The Hollows #1) by Amanda Hocking a rating of 4 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. I've had this book in my Nook for a few years now. It looks like I need to bump it up on my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book was better than expected to me. I'd heard that Amanda Hocking was a good writer, but I'd heard more about her Trylle Series than her other novels... Plus, I've never been a big/huge zombie fan.

      Delete