Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Mrs. Dalloway's Bookstore in Berkeley, California!

I love visiting independent bookstores and supporting small businesses! So, on Sunday, May 21, 2017 (which just so happened to be my birthday), my hubby and I visited Mrs. Dalloway's independent bookstore in Berkeley, California.

I love the layout of Mrs. Dalloway's Bookstore. This bookstore has a very cozy and inviting space to enjoy browsing and reading books... I could definitely envision myself sitting quietly and reading a new book while visiting this bookstore. 

I also thought the in store displays at Mrs. Dalloway were wonderful and offered a wide selection of books for varied interests. The staff on hand were friendly and efficient. 

I also enjoy the fact that Mrs. Dalloway's has many author events in their bookstore!

My hubby purchased two books for me for my birthday from Mrs. Dalloway's that I want to read; Quirky Berkeley by Tom Dalzwell and a signed copy of The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley by Hannah Tinti.

Below is a little bit more about Mrs. Dalloway's bookstore from their website:
Mrs. Dalloway’s is a vibrant, full-service, independent neighborhood bookstore located in the beautiful, historic Elmwood District of Berkeley. The store was founded in 2004 when longtime friends and residents of the Elmwood, Marion Abbott and Ann Leyhe, decided to pool their passions, talents, and resources.
The store’s name derives from the first line of Virginia Woolf’s 1925 novel, Mrs. Dalloway: “Mrs. Dalloway said she would buy the flowers herself.”
Spacious and inviting, Mrs. Dalloway’s offers an exciting and diverse selection of titles—both comprehensive and contemporary— and is renowned for its skillfully curated fiction, non-fiction, poetry, garden book and children’s book sections, all of which feature a remarkable and relevant variety of rare and innovative small presses, including handmade selections from Another Book Room, curated by Lucy Childs.
From the day we opened our doors, our bookstore fostered a sense of community. Today, Mrs. Dalloway’s hosts over 150 stellar in-store author events each year, serving as a dynamic cultural center and resource for its neighborhood, its ever-expanding and devoted customer base, and as an outreach to the San Francisco Bay Area literary community.
Mrs. Dalloway’s outgoing and talented booksellers are passionate about reading, love to share their eclectic tastes with illuminating staff picks, and are most happy when engaged in book talk.
Have you visited any independent bookstores lately???

No comments:

Post a Comment