Saturday, June 10, 2017

The Dark Monk (The Hangman's Daughter #2) by Oliver Pötzsch

Unabridged Audio Version
Since I recently listened to the first novel in 'The Hangman's Daughter' series and I already had the second novel in the series in my possession, I decided to go ahead and listen to the unabridged audio version of The Dark Monk (The Hangman's Daughter #2) by Oliver Pötzsch and narrated by Grover Gardner.

Listening time for The Dark Monk (The Hangman's Daughter #2) by Oliver Pötzsch is 14 hours, 46 minutes.

I liked The Dark Monk (The Hangman's Daughter #2) by Oliver Pötzsch better than I did the first novel in 'The Hangman's Daughter Series' as it was more interesting and entertaining than the first novel. But, The Dark Monk (The Hangman's Daughter #2) by Oliver Pötzsch still didn't fully capture my interest as I hoped it would. I can't quite put my finger as to why that is, but let's just say that this historical novel was once again mediocre for me. I felt that the best part of this novel was Grover Gardner's narration and the author's notes and travelogue at the end of the novel were really engaging. Otherwise, as I've already mentioned, The Dark Monk (The Hangman's Daughter #2) by Oliver Pötzsch was simply mediocre.

The following is a plot summary for The Dark Monk (The Hangman's Daughter #2) by Oliver Pötzsch from Audible:
It is 1648, a small village in the Alps: In the thick of a blizzard,a town priest discovers he’s been poisoned. As numbness creeps up his body, he summons the last of his strength and scratches a sign in the frost that will lead the town hangman, his daughter, and the town physician in pursuit of a treasure of the Knights Templar. But the priest’s murderer is already on their trail, and he’s not the only one after the legendary fortune: a dark monk is not far behind,and a band of thieves is roving the countryside, attacking solitary travelers and spreading panic. The race is on, and the stakes are high.
Delivering on the promise of his first book, Oliver Pötzsch takes readers on a whirlwind tour through the occult hiding places of Bavaria’s ancient monasteries, bringing to life the compassionate hangman - who’s destined to join the ranks of literature’s most beloved characters.
I am giving The Dark Monk (The Hangman's Daughter #2) by Oliver Pötzsch a rating of 3 stars out of 5 stars. I do not plan to read and/or listen to any of the other novels in 'The Hangman's Daughter' series.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment