Monday, January 15, 2018

Happy Martin Luther King, Jr Day!!



Not only is it Martin Luther King Jr Day today, it is also King's birthday. Had Martin Luther King Jr not been assassinated almost 50 year, he would have been 89 years old today.

I must admit that other than learning the basics of Martin Luther King Jr's life as a civil rights activist... Like King's famous, 'I have a dream' speech, King winning the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964, and his assassination on April 4, 1968. I really don't know that much about his life... So, I am inspired to read more about King's life.

In an effort to learn more about Martin Luther King Jr's life, I've ordered a book titled, Why We Can't Wait by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Plus, I've also ordered another book titled, Dear Martin by Nic Stone. I'm looking forward to reading both books.

I came across an article online via Bustle's website titled, Author Nic Stone's Letter To Martin Luther King Jr. Is A Reminder To Remember The "Disobedience" by Nic Stone. I enjoyed reading this article very much and found it to be informative and thought provoking.

2 comments:

  1. If you are up to it, I recommend the three volume biography of MLK by Tayor Branch. I have read the first one and plan to read the other two as well. I learned so much about the Civil Rights movement I hadn't known before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your recommendation! I will look into this three volume biography for sure.

      Delete