Monday, January 1, 2018

My First Reads For 2018!!



Happy New Year to YOU!! 
Wishing you a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2018!

I hope you are kicking off 2018 with a great book to read. I've selected two books to begin reading in the new year. Both of them are nonfiction reads.

The first book I've chosen to read at the start of 2018 is an uncorrected proof copy of Nasty Women: Feminism, Resistance, And Revolution In Trump's America edited by Sumhita Mukhopadhyay and Kate Harding, which I received through Goodreads Giveaways.

The second book I've chosen to read at the start of 2018 is Healing Yourself With Self-Hypnosis by Frank Caprio, MD and Joseph R. Berger and revised by Dr. Caroline Miller. I've been dealing with insomnia and fatigue for longer than I care to admit. I am hoping that the self-hypnosis techniques provided can help me improve my sleep quality for the perfect night of sleep.

So, tell me about what you're reading at the start of 2018 in the comments section below.

2 comments:

  1. I have a special place in my heart for nasty women. I look forward to your review. I too have intermittent insomnia. It is hell. I have not tried hypnosis but lately I just get up and read! Then I take naps in the afternoon. Best wishes for your New Year. I started with The Wreath by Sigrid Undset, a Nobel Prize winner. It is for a reading group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am 92 pages into Nasty Women and am loving it so far!! I look forward to finishing and review this book.

      Yes, insomnia is its own special kind of hell... Hopefully, I can learn some helpful techniques to sleep better.

      Looking forward to reading your review of The Wreath by Sigrid Undset.

      Delete