Sunday, April 8, 2018

Celebrate National Library Week This Week!!


Celebrate the joys of public and academic libraries across the USA during National Library Week! Below is more information about National Library from the American Library Association:
Misty Copeland serves as 2018 National Library Week Honorary Chair 
In 2015, Misty was promoted to principal dancer at the American Ballet Theatre, making her the first African American woman to ever be promoted to the position in the company’s 75-year history. 
Misty is the author of the New York Times bestselling memoir, Life in Motion and her 2014 picture book, Firebird, won the Coretta Scott King Book Illustrator Award in 2015. Her new book, Ballerina Body, an instant New York Times Bestseller, published in March 2017.
Misty’s passion is giving back. She has worked with many charitable organizations and is dedicated to giving of her time to work with and mentor young girls and boys. Misty was named National Youth of the Year Ambassador for the Boys & Girls Clubs of America in June 2013. In 2014, President Obama appointed Misty to the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports, and Nutrition. And in 2015, she traveled to Rwanda with MindLeaps to help launch its girls program and to establish The Misty Copeland Scholarship.
 
The National Library Week 2018 celebration will mark the 60th anniversary of the first event, sponsored in 1958.
Learn more about the events held during National Library Week by click on the top link. 

2 comments:

  1. I celebrate my libraries every day. If I had to buy all the books I check out from libraries, it would cost me a fortune. In Los Angeles, there are three major library systems, all of which have local neighborhood branches. That means I can request the books I want at my closest branch and pick them up there, as long as the book is in that system. I go to a library at least once a week! And I want to read Misty Copeland's memoir, Life in Motion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you have a fabulous library system in Los Angeles. I am glad that you make full use of that the library has to offer.

      I also want to read Misty Copeland's memoir, Life in Motion.

      Delete